Working Place: Beijing
Category: High School
Position: Literature & Humanity History & Geography
• Daxing, Beijing
• Prep school
• Mon to Fri
• Small class within 25 students
• Salary is 22-30k per month
• Omnibus (History and Literature) Teacher
• Enthuse about education, and love students. Be able to teach in fluent English with good accent. Native speaker is preferred.
• Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in history (or related field) is required;
• Minimum 2 years’ experience of major-related teaching above middle school
• Be good at communicating with students; knowing students’ psychological and study status
• Teaching License issued from any countries’ government or teaching certificate such as TEFL or TESOL is required;
• No criminal records and violated records
• Be able to consecutively complete over one entire academic year in China
• AP History or Literature Courses teaching or tutoring experience is preferred
• Follow requirements of School Academic Office to actively complete omnibus class preparing and teaching.
• Assign classical books to students to read based on the curriculum requested book lists.
• Develop the Omnibus and classical education curriculum via teaching practice, department meeting, training session, internal and external seminar, etc.
• Create a language art-based student club, such as reading club, debating club, model UN, third language club, etc. Interest to contribute to school community outside of the classroom as an athletic coach, other student club advisor, or otherwise.
• Serve as a mentor for at least 6 students regarding topic of their career, academic plan, psychological situation, boarding condition, etc.
• Decorate homeroom with subjects-based style and keep it organized.
• Open to accept other subjects teaching request according to actual ability to fulfill full time teaching requirement due to school scale.
• Follow other administrative requests from the head of school.
Pre-employment and Benefits
• Pre-employment medical check-up: Your employment is subject to passing a pre-employment medical check-up at company appointed hospital. Our company after on board date will reimburse the expenses. If the medical check-up result shows your health condition cannot meet the requirements of labor law or our company, the offer letter will be canceled immediately without any compensation.
• Health Insurance: provided
• Housing: school provides two bedrooms furnished apartment shared with one roommate, management fee and heating fee included. (If come with spouse who also works for the school, shared two bedrooms suite.)
• Home trip air ticket: One free China-U.S round trip economy class air tickets yearly (mainly at Chinese campus’ summer or winter holiday time), will be available after one year of service at school.
• Vacations: All Chinese national public holidays. According to the calendar of Chinese campus, the faculty’s summer vacation time begins after one week of the students’ vacation start that is in order to prepare to the department term summary, and the vacation will be end at one week before the students’ class begin that is in order to well arrange works in the following semester.
• Visa/Permits: School to cover full cost of application and processing of Visa for employee (except costs incurred to prepare Necessary documents like photos, criminal record check and etc)