4-309, Fuzhou Bei Lu, Shibei District, Qingdao, China
After foreigners come to China, the first thing they need to do is to register for foreigners’ temporary accommodation in China. So how important is it to register for foreigners’ temporary accommodation in China? This article will briefly talk about this issue.
Declaring temporary accommodation registration means that persons without Chinese ID cards who want to stay in hotels, restaurants, inns, hostels, schools, enterprises, institutions or agencies, groups and other Chinese institutions must present valid ID and fill in the temporary accommodation registration surface.
In accordance with the relevant provisions on temporary accommodation registration and management in the "Exit and Entry Administration Law of the People's Republic of China":
Article 39 When foreigners stay in hotels within the territory of China, the hotels shall register their accommodation in accordance with the relevant regulations on public security management of the hotel industry, and submit the foreigner’s accommodation registration information to the local public security authority.
If a foreigner lives or stays in a residence other than a hotel, he or the person staying there must register with the public security organ at the place of residence within 24 hours after checking in.
Article 76 If any of the following circumstances occurs, a warning will be given and a fine of not more than 2,000 yuan may be imposed:
1. Foreigners refuse to allow the public security organs to inspect their exit and entry documents;
2. Foreigners refuse to submit their residence documents for inspection;
3. Failure to register the birth and death of foreigners in accordance with regulations;
4. The registration items in the foreigner’s residence permit are changed and the changes are not handled in accordance with the regulations;
5. Foreigners in China fraudulently use other people’s exit and entry documents;
6. Failure to register in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 39 of this Law.
Since the registration of temporary accommodation for foreigners in China is so important, what materials are needed for individual foreigners to register?
1. The original of my valid entry and exit documents (foreigners generally hold passports; Hong Kong and Macao residents generally hold Mainland Travel Permit or Residence Permit for Hong Kong and Macao Residents; Taiwanese residents generally hold Mainland Travel Permit, Travel Permit or Residence Permit for Taiwan Residents; overseas Chinese hold China passport or travel document).
2. If the overseas personnel and the host are relatives and friends, provide the host’s name, ID number, contact number, address and other basic information.
3. Rental contract, house purchase contract, real estate certificate, etc. (For overseas residents who rent a house, please provide the original rental contract, as well as the landlord’s name, ID number, contact number, etc. If it is rented by a receptionist or work unit, in addition to the original rental contract, It is necessary to provide a description of the reception or work unit; if the house is purchased by an overseas person, the original real estate certificate or house purchase contract must be provided).
sources from CNVISA