4-309, Fuzhou Bei Lu, Shibei District, Qingdao, China
Foreigners can enter China and live in China normally with legal visa documents. When the visa is about to expire, the foreigner must leave the country or extend the visa. Next, let’s briefly talk about how to extend the visa document.
Documents required to apply for visa extension
Foreigners who apply to extend the period of stay of a visa should apply to the exit-entry administration agency of the public security organ 7 days before the expiration of the period of stay indicated on the visa, and submit relevant application supporting materials as required:
1. C visa holders should submit a certification letter issued by the competent department of the people's government at or above the county level or local civil aviation, railway, highway, port and other transportation companies. The period of stay can be extended for no more than 30 days.
2. Those holding F visa should submit certification letters issued by the inviting and hosting units. Units that have not been registered should also submit a registration certificate. The period of stay can be extended for up to 180 days.
3. Those holding an M visa should submit a certification letter issued by the local inviting or hosting unit or individual. Units that have not been registered should also submit a registration certificate. If the partner is an individual, the letter issued must be signed and submitted with proof of local permanent residence or proof of actual residence. The period of stay can be extended for up to 180 days.
4. Q2 visa holders should submit a letter, identity certificate, and family member relationship certificate issued by the person being visited. The period of stay can be extended for up to 180 days.
5. Holders of R visas should submit certification letters from the inviting and hosting units, and units that have not been registered should also submit registration certificates. The period of stay can be extended for up to 180 days.
6. X2 visa holders should submit a letter of enrollment certificate issued by an education or training institution in China. The period of stay can be extended for up to 180 days. When extending the visa period of stay, the cumulative period of stay shall not exceed the original period of stay specified on the visa
The exit and entry management agencies of the public security organs will not approve the extension, replacement, or reissue of visas and residence documents, or issue stay documents to foreigners who have any of the following circumstances:
(1) Failure to provide application materials in accordance with regulations (for example, foreign Chinese need to provide proof of household registration cancellation when renewing a visa);
(2) Committing fraud during the application process (providing untrue material information or lying about concealing personal information);
(3) Violating relevant Chinese laws and administrative regulations and being unfit to stay and reside in China (illegal stay in the country, illegal work, illegal entry, etc.);
(4) It is not appropriate to approve the extension, replacement, reissuance of visas and residence permits, or other circumstances in which stay permits are issued.
sources from CNVISA