How to apply China Green Card if foreign spouse married to a Chinese citizen

2023/07/10 11:55:27

The application requirements for a China Green Card are very demanding, but it is entirely possible for a foreign spouse married to a Chinese citizen to get a China Green Card.

Application Requirements

According to the Chinese National Immigration Administration, a spouse applying for a China Green Card needs to meet the following conditions: married to a Chinese citizen (with permanent residence in China) or a foreigner who has been granted permanent residence status in China, and the marriage has lasted for 5 years, has resided in China continuously for 5 years, has stayed in China for not less than 9 months per year, and has stable living security and residence.

Application Materials

Spouses need to prepare a large number of documents when applying for a Chinese green card.

1. You need to fill out the "Application Form for Permanent Residence of Foreigners in China (Spouse Reunification Person)

2. Provide two recent 2-inch documentary photos

3. The applicant also needs to provide the original and copies of the applicant's valid passport and visa documents, and the original and two copies of the certificate of name change or the certificate of two names of the same person if the applicant's name has changed, and the certificate issued by foreign countries needs to be certified by the Chinese Embassy (Consulate) abroad.

4. The spouse applying for a Chinese green card also needs to provide amarriage certificate or a notarized certificate of marital relationship as well as the authentication and translation ofdocuments from abroad, as well as the Chinese resident ID card and proof of permanent residence of the spouse.

5. Notarized certificate of property or housing lease contract

6. Anotarized certificate of deposit of not less than 200,000 RMB frozen for more than one year, with original documents.

7. The applicant also needs to provide a notarized statement of spouse's financial guarantee. If the property title provided does not belong to the applicant, one of the spouses must declare in the statement of guarantee that he or she will provide residence and financial guarantee without compensation.

8. Applicants are required to apply for a certificate of no criminal record from the relevant authorities of their home country, and translate the certificate certified by the Chinese embassy orconsulate abroad into Chinese and submit a translation and a copy ofthe business license of the translation company.

9. Applicants are also required to provide a health certificate issuedby the health and quarantine department designated by the Chinese government or by a foreign health care institution certified by the Chinese embassy or consulate abroad.

10. Registration Form for Temporary Accommodation of Foreigners

11. Applicants are also required to provide their personal resume and adetailed description of their change of status since they turned 18 years old. If the applicant had Chinese nationality, he/she should also provide the corresponding proof, including the Certificate of Withdrawal of Chinese Nationality or the Certificate of Cancellationof the former domestic household registration, the Chinese passport used to study abroad or settle abroad (subject to the nationality marked on the current foreign passport), the Certificate of Admissionto Foreign Nationality, etc. If the applicant also holds a Hong Kong or Macao identity card, he or she also needs to provide the corresponding instructions for not having Chinese nationality. Applicants are also required to provide other supporting documents that the public security authorities consider necessary.

















sources from SFBC

Online Service